Our Locations

Administration/Care Management/Protective Services

133 North Pitt Street, Mercer, PA   16137

Phone724-662-6222 or 1-800-570-6222
Fax: 724-662-0611
Email: admin@mercercountyaging.org

To report abuse during business hours, call 724-662-6222.

To report abuse after business hours, holidays and weekends call 724-854-6222.

Senior Centers

Greenville Senior Community Center

45 Alan Avenue, Greenville, PA 16125

Phone: 724-588-3155
Fax: 724-588-3156
Email: greenvillectr@mercercountyaging.org

Grove City Senior Community Center

301 South Broad Street, Grove City, PA 16137

Phone: 724-458-6844
Fax: 724-458-6849
Email: grovecityctr@mercercountyaging.org

McQuiston Center by the Park

29 Railroad Street, Sandy Lake, PA 16145

Phone: 724-376-3608
Fax: 724-376-3608
Email: mcquistonctr@mercercountyaging.org

Shenango Valley Senior Center and Adult Day Care Program

220 North Buhl Farm, Hermitage, PA 16148

Phone: 724-981-7950
Fax: 724-981-7872
Email: svctr@mercercountyaging.org
Email: adc@mercercountyaging.org

Medical Assistance Transportation Program

Who Can Use the Medical Assistance Transportation Program?

If you or anyone in your family receives Medical Assistance, and you have an unmet transportation need,
you may be able to receive help getting to and from your medical appointment.

The Medical Assistance Transportation Program (MATP) provides rides to medical care at no cost to you.


Where Can You Go With MATP?

You can use MATP transportation to get to any health care service that is paid for by Medical Assistance. That includes appointments with your doctor, dentist, psychologist or psychiatrist, drug and alcohol treatment clinics or any other MA provider. You can also use MATP to go to the pharmacy for prescriptions, to the hospital for tests or to get to medical equipment suppliers.


Depending on your situation and what providers you see, certain limits may apply to how far you can go on MATP. 


How is Transportation Provided?

The MATP provides rides in the least costly and most appropriate way to meet your needs. You will usually be riding with other passengers. Depending on where you need to go, MATP can arrange a ride for you using vans, taxis or accessible vehicles for persons with disabilities.

If you can ride a commuter bus, you may be reimbursed for the cost of riding the bus or receive bus tickets or passes.

If you own your own car or have access to one, the MATP may be able to provide mileage reimbursement at a specified rate, and reimburse you for any parking and toll costs involved in your trip.

Does the MATP Provide Door-To-Door Service?

When you get a ride through the MATP, you are expected to get to the curb to be picked up. If you have any disabilities or limitations that keep you from getting to the curb, the MATP is required to provide door-to-door service, when the need is medically verified.


Can Someone Accompany Me To My Appointment?

An MATP eligible child who is under 18 can be accompanied by a parent or guardian at no cost to you. Also, an escort may accompany anyone on an MATP trip when independent travel is not possible due to age, disability, language, or when the escort is verified necessary for the recipient to secure medical examinations and treatment.

How Do I Apply For MATP Services?

If you have an unmet transportation need, contact the county MATP office whose information is listed below.  You will be asked for your ACCESS card number and other necessary information about your need for transportation.

Make sure you tell the MATP office about any special needs you may have such as: 

  • Use of a wheelchair or walker
  • Any problem that keeps you from riding in a bus or van with other people
  • The need to have someone go with you to your appointments.



You can obtain transportation services while you are completing the registration process. However, the county MATP must receive a signed registration form from you within 30 days of your eligibility verification. Once you are registered, you will be sent more written information about how to use MATP services. Your registration is good as long as you continue to receive Medical Assistance, though you may be required to update your information from time to time if it changes.

Contact Information In Mercer County:

For transportation needs during business hours,
please call 724-662-6222.

After hours, to cancel a trip or for urgent care transportation, please call 724-718-7935.

  • Mon: 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM
  • Tue: 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM
  • Wed: 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM
  • Thu: 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM
  • Fri: 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM
  • Sat: Closed
  • Sun: Closed


Mercer County Area Agency on Aging

133 N. Pitt St., Mercer, PA, 16137

Make a donation, support our cause!